Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blessings

the past three weeks have been nothing but reminders about how truly blessed I am 

Jared's 28th birthday 

in true fashion my husband wanted nothing fancy
just a simple lunch date at C&H Cafeteria
 I got him a new Columbia jacket and an age your own whiskey kit
can't wait for many more birthdays and celebrations with this handsome stud 

Cone Emergency Department Roaring 20's Party 

the weekend after Jared's birthday the emergency department doctors and physician assistants threw a 20's theme party for all the staff of the EDs in the health system
it was so much fun 
I mean, who can say no to unlimited free champagne (and other drinks), food, gambling and dancing the night away with the most fabulous coworkers ever?
 love my sweet little E.P. my favorite nursing friend ever
 with our favorite Dr. Yao!
woohoo Moses Cone ED nurses, only the best :) 
my handsome hubby looked dashing in 20's get up

Upgraded My Wheels

I was lucky enough to have my parents purchase my first car, a 1999 Isuzu Trooper
which I absolutely loved and thought was the coolest car ever 
(and arguably still is)
however, after 7 years of tough loving, I found myself praying every time that it would start or would just hope it wouldn't break down on the side of the road and be late to work 
thus we came to the decision to car shop... 

which can seriously be the most daunting task ever 
and let me tell you cars are really freaking expensive these days folks
especially when you haven't ever made a car payment in your life. 

after looking at what seemed like thousands of cars, reading hundreds reviews and actually test driving vehicles we settled on what we think is the perfect car for us 
Toyota Highlander Hybrid 
it is the perfect blend of everything I wanted in a car 
it is SUV meets fuel efficient with all the bells and whistles I could of asked for 

I feel like such an adult now with a car payment. no fun. 

I felt horrible complaining about the car buying process 
because unlike many, I am lucky enough to be able to actually afford a car 
but we have worked extremely hard to get where we are and we made a smart choice 

Wedding Blogged

our photographer greeted us this morning with a blog post all about our wedding 
found here: http://libbymcgowanblog.com/?p=3766
I cried a lot of happy tears reading it and reliving our wedding all over again 
her words about us were so sweet and touching 
we just love her so much!
we truly cherish the pictures that Libby captured for us 
and will recommend her till we are blue in the face! 





No comments:

Post a Comment