Thursday, May 22, 2014

Updates!

lots of updates going on around the Rice house
with the weather changing it just makes me want to revamp everything in site

sadly, the weekend before last was the first Mother's Day spent without my momma
but we spent in a way she would love, strolling around the Farmer's Market all day
we started by getting Jared an omelet the size of a football from the Moose Cafe
then picked up some yummy veggies and fresh local meat
we are now addicted to this ground beef and sausage from a local butcher
she calls herself a crack lady since her meat is so addictive
I thought it was weird too, until I tried her meat. 
and got some mother's day flowers from my fur babies...kind of...
we topped off the day with a new comforter for our bedroom
there are many more updates that need to be done in this room

the other update has been my diet and exercise routines
this week a friend of a friend, Hannah at Someone Else's Skinny, has been hosting an "Eat Clean Train Mean 5 Day Challenge"
she gave us examples of meal plans and exercises to do daily
I have said goodbye to my elliptical and cross-trainer this week and I have never been worked so hard
the exercises make you sweat and your whole body will feel like Jello 
which apparently means you are doing it right...I am finding muscles I didn't have before

here are some pictures of my clean eating meals
egg white oatmeal, burrito bowl, and greek yogurt with mixed berries
I thought it was going to be a lot harder but meal prepping made it super easy
this is something I am sure I can stick with
and I feel so great that I don't want to give it up! 

it has been so rewarding, I am only 4 days in and already see results in my body!
perfect timing since we will be at the beach all weekend and with the honeymoon 2 weeks from today! 
can't. freaking. wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment