Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week in a Blurb

So, since I haven't been up to much this is the past week (or so) in a quick little blurb.
Most of last week I spent lounging at the Rooftop Pool at the Nissen Building in Downtown Winston-Salem with Gwyn. The view is freaking amazing! Needless to say, my first few days in the sun cost me big time...I got burnt to a crisp, but it was totally worth it. 
This is a panorama of downtown at night from the rooftop. 
So amazing. 
I did do a few wedding things this week. 
I sent out all of our hand addressed (which took almost a week themselves) save the dates! 
I now understand how the post office is still in business; they are making money from all the people getting married. 
Sending these suckers cost about as much as printing our save the dates! UGH! 
Friday night I had a fantastic date night with this fella. 
We ate dinner out and went to see the movie 42 which is a must see! 
Saturday we hit up the Moose Cafe at the Farmer's Market in Greensboro for brunch where Jared made his infamous sandwich with his food and I pretended like diets didn't exist and I don't have a wedding dress to fit into... 
How can you say no to those amazing homemade southern biscuits and sweet tea from mason jars? 
Then, we hit up the Farmer's Market. 
This place just makes me happy. 
I don't know if its the ridiculously low priced vegetables or the smell of fresh flowers, but this is one of my favorite places to spend a morning. Not to mention everything is fresh and local so you actually know what you are buying. 
We stumbled upon these ladies making bouquets of wildflowers. I fell in love with these! We haven't picked a florist yet, but I now know exactly what I want! 
After the Farmer's Market we ventured to the mall where I proceeded to buy 4 new maxi dresses, Jared got two massages (one from Brookstone and the other from an Asian lady at a stand) and we hit the jackpot on candles for the house! 
Sunday, after church we went to our first Dash game of the season! Woohoo! We went to cheer on our friend, Kim, her sister and her mom sing the National Anthem for the game. They did amazing :) 
We got seats second row back behind first base. It was pretty cool even though I am not the biggest baseball fan (I enjoyed the food). 
Finished off Sunday with grocery shopping and making mine and Jared's lunches for the week. 
I am attempting to do "green monster smoothies" for the next few weeks because it is wedding and bathing suit season and time off of school has gotten the best of body. 
Finally, there was Monday. 
We grilled the most awesome kabobs and I took a spin class with Gwyn. 
My stomach was satisfied, but my legs are hating me. 

We are out of town for the next few weekends due to NC State Spring game, weddings, and Jared has a bachelor party to attend. Oh, I am so looking forward to getting out of this house. As for now, I have Pretty Little Liars on Netflix to keep me company...it is a strange and unwanted addiction, but oh so good. 









No comments:

Post a Comment