Monday, March 4, 2013

Fifty Shades

I am always really late to jump on the bandwagon for popular books being read at the time...

For example, when Twilight first became big I refused to read it because let's be honest, it sounds utterly ridiculous when people explain it. Then the kids I nannyed for weren't allowed to watch the movie unless I was with them. So I watched the first movie and was oddly intrigued, then could not put them down, and became mildly obsessed. Quickly that fizzled out like every other fad.

When the Fifty Shades of Grey books became popular I had no idea what they were. I just heard X-rated Twilight and thought, "hmm, sounds interesting enough." But, at the time I was reading the Hunger Games series and everyone knows how amazing those are...

Well, the time has come, I am officially reading the Fifty Shades series! I read the first one in 24 hours. I could not put the darn thing down. Literally the fastest I have ever read a book. Holy moley talk about Twilight addicted times 10. These things are so good and it is not just because of the sex. The raunchy-ness actually fades away and the story is just becomes so easy to read.

I am almost done with the second one and can't wait to see how the series ends. I keep thinking to myself, "they will so not be able to make this into a movie that could be released in theaters.." I am interested to see what they do with the story and who they get to cast the infamous characters!

I need to hurry up and finish because it is taking all the time away from studying for the NCLEX, engagement party and wedding planning...but, it has been totally worth reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment