Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Recent Events


Well, a lot has happened in the past 14 days. It was a whirlwind of two weeks and I would not have changed a single moment. Especially since I spent all of them in Wilmington with my amazing mom!
Blessed to be able to call this home 

March 6-11, 2013 

Studied and prepared for the NCLEX...

March 12, 2013

I took the NCLEX-RN exam at 8 am. 

I took 75 questions (22 of them were select all that apply) in an hour and 45 minutes. 

Then I had to wait 48 hours to find out if I passed...

March 13, 2013 

Turned 24! 

Not much excitement there, just another year older. However, I know this is going to the best year yet! I became a nurse. I am hopefully starting my first big girl job as an RN. I am marrying my best friend. Doesn't get much more exciting than that! 

Last birthday before I am Mrs. Rice! 
Birthday Tradition: Japanese Steakhouse!
Birthday Cheesecake
Jared's parents also flew into Wilmington on my birthday to spend the rest of the week with us, attend the engagement party, and to look at rehearsal dinner locations. It was so wonderful having them in town and being able to show them a little of where I come from :) Only wish we could of spent more time together and we weren't so stressed with getting the engagement party together. Next time we see each other will be just before the wedding! 

March 14, 2013

I became Lauren E. Spicka, RN, BSN! 

I took the NCLEX-RN and PASSED! Yep, that is right, I am officially a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina folks! 

It only took 13 insane months, hundreds of tests and assignments, countless sleepless nights and tearful breakdowns from stress. And all of that came down to a 75 question test that would determine my future as a nurse. But, I made it and I am a nurse now!

Now I just need to find a job. I have a few interviews coming up so keep your fingers crossed! 

Montage of finding out I passed

March 15, 2013

Nothing really exciting happened this day...Just thought I would keep it in order. 

We did eat a fabulous dinner at my mom's boyfriend's place on Wrightsville Beach. The view was incredible and the company was even better. 
Future Mother in Law and Husband
What a view
Gorgeous Wrightsville Beach Sunset

March 16, 2013

Engagement Party Day!! 

This day we assembled a task force of my mom, brothers, Mark, Jared, and Jared's parents to help set up the morning of the party.

Our family friend who used to own Sweet and Savory in Wilmington, catered the appetizers for the party and they were out of this world amazing! We can not wait to see what he whips us up for the wedding. Really looking forward to our tasting with him in a few weeks! 

Then Jared smoked four pork shoulders that were so delicious and were accompanied by homemade baked beans, coleslaw, and potato salad. We wanted to keep it Southern and casual. The food turned out great! 

Handmade about 50 tissue paper flowers
Mom and I made cake pops all on our own
Not as easy as it seems 
"Yum" banner above the dessert table 
Can't wait for 09/28/13
MEAT
Jared's pork pulling outfit 
My beautiful bridesmaids!
Just missing Charli Kay
Elizabeth came with Josh to surprise me at the party.
Couldn't be more thankful for meeting these amazing people
I only wish I had taken more pictures from the event, guess I will have to wait until people post pictures that I can steal :) 

Thank you to all our wonderful family and friends who made the trip to celebrate our engagement with us! We love you all and were so happy you came! 

Special thanks to my mother for making the whole thing possible. She is one awesome mother of the bride! 





No comments:

Post a Comment