Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's

Happy Birthday Michael David Cupid Spicka

Yes, that is his real name :) My little brother was born 20 years ago today!  Even though he goes to UNC-CH I still love him very much and can forgive him for making poor choices in his life ;) He is a Biomedical Engineer Major who moonlights as a fashionista working at J. Crew while also working as a lab assistant generating organs & using fancy-science-like-language. Basically, he is amazing. I am so proud of the man he has become and can't wait to see what the future brings him. Happy Birthday baby brother!
Manly.
Aside from the birth of my wonderful brother, Valentine's Day hasn't always been my favorite holiday. Not because I was a cynical-lonely-sad-freaky-cat-lady, but it just seems silly to me. But, I now realize the importance of Valentine's Day (other than Michael coming into the world) is to tell the ones you love how much they mean to you and it is not all about giving gifts...

My One and Only 

I am so lucky to have Jared be my forever valentine! This is our fourth and last one before we become husband and wife...SO crazy and exciting! 
"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay" Ruth 1:16
The first Valentine's rose Jared got me 4 years ago! 


 L.O.V.E.

On top of giving love to the ones special to me, I was also shown love. 
A thoughtful gift from a sweet lady in my class, perfect before starting our marriage!
Thanks Donna! 
Donna also got Gary Chapman to sign them for us! Blown away. 
My valentine from Mel :) 
Can't believe it has been 13 months! Eep! 








No comments:

Post a Comment