Sunday, May 12, 2013

Missing

What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life) 



I miss my extended family.

My two brothers and I grew up very close to our three cousins (we are 6 months apart from our respective cousin-counterpart). 
Katilin and I stuck in the smack dab middle of it all. 
As we got older we saw each other less and less and the family vacations grew far and few between, but with the help of social media and family traditions we have remained close. 
It has been almost 4 years since I have seen some of them which is just insane now that I am thinking about it!
 I just got word yesterday that they will be making a week long appearance in Wilmington for our wedding!!! I could not be more excited to have them here for such a long time and to be able to turn our wedding into not only a celebration of our marriage but a mini family reunion for us! 
Bring on the crazy times (and bloody mary's & margaritas)!  

Circa 1995-ish
I miss Raleigh, NC.

Jared and I moved to Winston Salem about a year and a half ago after living in Raleigh for nearly five years (Jared had been there for seven-ish). 
Though we are only 1.5 hours away from Raleigh now we miss the city and our friends there like crazy! I miss knowing how to get places, where the good spots to eat were, seeing familiar faces around town, and mostly I miss being only 1.5 hours from my hometown, Wilmington.
 It would be nice to be able to see our close friends on a more regular basis, but we are having fun getting to know Winston and making new memories here. We couldn't of asked for better opportunities then the ones that have been presented to us since being here. 
However, moving back to or closer to Raleigh is hopefully in the near future for us.

Rooftop of The District with our new city behind us! 

I miss my mom. 

This goes along with the "miss" before this and because it is Mother's Day. I don't get to see her as much as I would like now that we live farther away. 
She is the most amazing woman that I know. She has done so much for me and my brothers as a single parent and we can never thank her enough. I am proud to call her my role model. I hope I have the love for my children and the passion for nursing as she does. 
Mom, I will always look up to you and will always be your litte girl (even after I marry Jared). 
Happy Mother's Day to all the sweet moms out there, but most importantly to my amazing momma! 




No comments:

Post a Comment