Monday, May 6, 2013

Putnam Wedding Weekend!

Warning: Another post that is full to the brim with pictures! 

This was the second wedding weekend in a row in Wilmington for me. I traveled down to my good old hometown with two of my friends from nursing school, Elizabeth and Josh, to see Todd and Ashton become Mr. and Mrs. Putnam! 

Todd was in our nursing class as well and found out the day before his wedding that he had passed the NCLEX and was officially a registered nurse! 

Josh and Elizabeth didn't get the full on Wilmington experience when they came down for our engagement party in March. So, this time I was sure to show all my favorite things about where I grew up, basically the beach and food :) 
One of my favorite things about Wilmington is the food!
Obviously, I had to take them to my top favorites: PT's Grille, Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn, Empire Bagel and my momma's home cooking. All amazing! 
Of course we had to go to the beach! 
It was windy and chilly, but still gorgeous
 Nurses clean up good 
 Ashton and Todd were married in the Kenan Chapel in Landfall as well
E and I played in the gardens behind the chapel
The reception was at Lumina Hall on Wrightsville Beach
Everything was so detailed and beautiful! 
Todd actually made the wine cork "thanks" sign
First dance, Father-Daughter, & Mother-Son dances
 
nursing besties
 
These kids were too adorable!
 Todd's dad and best man, Raleigh, gave a "nautical" speech
 No cake in the face
 Dollar Dance 
The brides veil is held over the bride and groom and the weddings guests throw money into the veil to dance with either the bride or groom. Money collected is given to the newlyweds for their honeymoon!
 With the new Mr. an Mrs. Putnam!
Bromantic 

Bride and bridesmaids sang "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain to the groom
We took a lot of pictures together...
Even the silly ones had to be documented
After the wedding we headed down to the beach bars where we were suppose to meet up with the rest of the wedding party and guests. Turns out, not many people made it...
We still had fun.
Made a new friend from the wedding, John Wayne.
Took some selfies. 

Sunday morning came all too fast :( 
My mom and I met with our wedding planner and nailed down some great ideas for our wedding that is fast approaching! But, I am oh so ready for it to be here! 
We headed back to Winston and Elizabeth rode in the back with Beau, like this... 

Jared, Josh and I went and saw Iron Man 3 to top off a wonderful weekend! 
It was amazing, as expected. 

Also, this week is Nurses Week! 
I am so blessed to be able say that I'm part of such a wonderful and rewarding profession.
I wouldn't have gotten this far with out all the incredibly inspiring nurses in my life who taught me the true meaning of compassion.
Happy Nurses Week to all my fabulous nurses, but my most favorite nurse ever, my momma! 

Now its back to real life and babysitting little Charlotte all week! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment