Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nine Years

Nine years ago today Jared asked me to officially be his girlfriend. I will never forget that moment. I can recall exactly what we both were wearing. Where exactly he did it. How he said it and the little quiver in his voice.
May 24, 2008 my goodness, we were babies
I won't get too sappy here because that is not really our style. But boy, am I sure glad this wonderful man asked me that question nine years ago. It has been the best adventure ever since and I am thankful to be spending my life with him.

I once wrote about our "love story" here. Four years later, you can now add, wedding, moving back to Raleigh, buying a house, two new careers and a baby to that story. Phew.
this is an old picture from our friends wedding in 2014 but still a favorite of us. Jared got to sing on stage with the band, Old Habits, and made my heart swoon.
Cheers, to nine years with my favorite guy around. Thanks for keeping life exciting. I pray our son grows up to be just like you and treats his wife as good as you treat me. Lastly, "when I am with you I feel like I could die and that would be alright, alright."

No comments:

Post a Comment