Monday, June 10, 2013

Wonderful Weekend

Oh I hate when the glorious weekends come to an end
back to work and real life 
it was especially hard to let go of this weekend 

Friday 
we received all of our engagement pictures back 
I spend a lot of time bragging about our photographer Libby McGowan 
we can't say enough about how awesome she is
her pictures speak for themselves 
here are a few of my favorites that weren't in the sneak peek 

we have also been on the hunt for our centerpiece glass 
we hit up both Goodwills in Winston-Salem and found amazing deals on unique glass 
this is just the beginning of what we need

Saturday 
was a gorgeous day 
the weather couldn't of been more perfect for a BBQ
Jared smoked pig 
 and it was so delicious
I cleaned the house before we had a few friends over 
finally got our diplomas hung 
my sweet future mother in law had these professionally and custom framed for us a year ago
we added these Southern accents to the house too 
can't go wrong with mason jars and pig shaped chalkboards
what goes good with smoked pig?
Southern Sangria of course! 
well I call it southern because it was a little redneck-ish-ly made and then I put it in a mason jar
super simple to make 
strawberries, pineapple, blueberries soaked in sauvignon blanc overnight 
topped with lemon lime soda just before serving 
Jared's friend from work brought a puppy
and we got our fix in 
love these of Jared with the puppy 
we were twins that day 
and Beau was determined to be in the picture too 
after stuffing our faces 
Jared strummed the guitar 
of course 
then we headed downtown to Gwyn's apartment to hang out on the roof 

Sunday 
spent the day on the couch 

this weekend was simply wonderful 
I love this time of year 

Now this is my last four days with the sweet baby have been taking care of 
it will be hard to say goodbye 
so I am trying to soak up all the time with her that I can 




No comments:

Post a Comment