Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Love My Job.

really, I do.
most days. 
after three in a row this weekend with only one day off in between working another two in a row
opened up my eyes to a few things

one.
it brought me back to the reason why I am doing this:
to help people when they are at their lowest
to touch lives 
to make people feel better 
to bring support
to share my compassion
to spread the love

two.
my job is hard
you see people when they are at the absolute worst place in their lives
and somehow have to dig up ways to help them cope
for example
sometimes you have to go with a doctor to tell a patient they have cancer
not just any cancer, a cancer that is very hard to treat and will likely take the life of that patient very soon
it is truly heartbreaking at times

three.
my job is very entertaining
in the emergency room I get to see a huge variety of patients
in one room I can have a patient on their death bed
while the room next door the patient's main compliant is dizzy after smoking pot
or when a patient requests to wear sunglasses so they can look cool while throwing up

at the end of the day I really love my job
even though it can be very difficult at times 
it is one of the most rewarding things in my life 
and I am lucky to work with such a fantastic group of people

No comments:

Post a Comment