Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Weekend Review

first things first
this is how my morning started:
this weekend I went to Raleigh for a bridal shower for Gwyn
she gets married May 9th and has asked me to be one of her bridesmaids
her longtime family friend threw the cutest shower for her
in Susan's words "I used the Pinterest to decorate."
too cute
Gwyn wore the veil that Susan's daughter wore in her wedding, way back in 1989, for the shower

after the shower it was time for some much needed catch up time with my girlfriends
and my fur-nieces of course
we started the night with drinks outside at cala vela
I just cannot get enough of those damn spicy pineapple margaritas
drool worthy
made with jalapeƱo simple syrup 
need I say more?
do yourself a favor and get one
we had dinner at Oak City Meatball Shoppe
seriously best balls I have ever eaten
[pun-intended. you must see their menu]
my recommendation: 
spicy pork balls with mushroom sauce and the mac&cheese 
heaven in your mouth
obviously, a moscow mule in an adorable copper mug is a must as well
we finished off the night with lots of dancing and running from the rain
such a fun weekend
sad it is over
I miss those lovely ladies already

on another note
I got this sweet email from my director last week
yes, I am "tooting my own horn." 
but, I work really hard and love taking care of my crazy ass patients
a thank you and hearing that you're do well is nice to hear every once and a while

really, I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment